Monday, July 22, 2013

Have you had your Fusion experience?



Normally I don't take the time to write much about places I eat at, but this is one time that I thought I should; and who knows, it might be the beginning of some new hobby of mine! With that said, my wife had mentioned this new food truck, called FuGo, and thought we should check it out. For those of you who have been living under a rock for the last few years, food trucks have grown so much in popularity that today even shows like "Man vs Food," among others, are featuring food trucks.

From what I had gathered from my wife, this truck was unique with its concept. Apparently the name FuGo stands for "Fusion Gourmet", and it's niche is just that, serving food with refined taste and passion: Gourmet. So we decided to visit this FuGo today on Thayer Street in the East Side of Providence and give it a try. My first impression was a good one; the truck was really clean and the power generator was not so noisy - something that seems to be a problem with some of the food trucks we've visited.

So now it comes down to the food... I start to look at the menu and can't quite make out what specific type of food they sell. For example, you go to Johnny's Chimis on Broad St and you know you will find a variety of Dominican street food, something not so unique considering the numerous amounts of food trucks on the same strip, all offering the same thing. But here I stood looking at this menu and I see Vietnamese, Korean, and Mexican selections.

We proceeded with placing our order and interestingly enough, I was handed a card with a stamp on it that read "Eat with us 9 times, next 2 tacos on us or 2 fully stamped cards qualify for a free t-shirt." This was unique since it's not something that you typically see being done with food trucks. So I ordered the Vietnamese pulled pork burrito and I can't remember exactly what my wife ordered; not because I wasn't paying attention, but because the minute I sunk my teeth into that burrito I spaced out! "Wow," I said to myself, "this is really good," the mixture of pork with pickled carrots, cucumber, cilantro cream, and chopped peanuts was mouth watering. I could also hear my wife saying the same thing about what she was eating, but I was too busy with my food that I couldn't focus on anything else.

After that, I felt that I needed to share my experience. I think everyone should give them a shot. FuGo offers great food and service with a concept that you will not commonly find with other food trucks.



No comments:

Post a Comment